Grade: LE1/Band 16
Location: British Embassy in Dubai
Reporting to: Consular Regional Operations Manager
Contract: 2 years
Refernce number: CON/DB/011/4/2014
The main purpose of this role is ensure British nationals in the United Arab Emirates receive a professional service that is effective, timely, consistent and in line with Foreign and Commonwealth Office guidance.
The Head of Consular Operations, UAE will play a key role in helping to design and implement the FCO Consular Strategy 2013-2016, working closely with colleagues across the MENA region and globally.
The UAE is one of our largest, busiest and most high profile consular operations in the world. The Head of Consular Operations will lead a large and high performing team of thirteen which deals with the full range of consular assistance issues as well as Notarial and Documentary work, operating in an often challenging environment, with cases regularly attracting Ministerial and Press attention.
The job holder will work to the Dubai based Consular Regional Operations Manager but will enjoy a high degree of autonomy and the authority to manage the UAE operation on a day to day basis. The job holder will need to be a self-starter and highly motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills. When necessary the job holder will be required to provide direct advice and support to distressed British nationals including leading on certain high level and sensitive assistance cases.
The job holder will play a key role in crisis planning, exercise and support both in country and in the wider region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To lead, motivate and develop the Consular Team of 13 with direct line management of three Vice Consuls. Providing effective leadership, support and guidance through a period of significant change.
• Lead on country specific delivery of the MENA consular business plan and Country business plan including project design and development
• Manage the Team’s provision of Consular Assistance to distressed British nationals, including providing guidance and support in difficult cases:
Detainees, including visiting police stations and prisons
Dealing with bereaved families
Child custody issues
Other sensitive cases such as rape, child abduction, forced marriage.
Notarial and documentary services
• Plan and deliver Consular Communication and Outreach Activity in support of the Consular Strategy
• Ownership of formal response to public correspondence. Responding to e-mail, telephone and face to face enquiries. Ownership of returns and forms that are required by FCO London.
• Identifying areas of potential high level interest and briefing seniors and others accordingly. Preparing written briefing and updates on cases and issues
• Monitoring changes in local procedures and practices and ensuring that our information and guidance for British nationals reflects any changes and is up to date.
• Monitoring changes in consular processes and FCO corporate issues and keeping team updated
• Managing emergency travel document processing, birth and death registrations and the notarial/legalisation operation ensuring consistent customer service to British nationals. Birth and death registration authorisation. Authorising and Conducting marriages
• Key role in Post Emergency response to crises including planning and exercising.
• Manage Team budget
• To be prepared to work out of hours, occasionally anti-social hours, as required.
• To be prepared to work in Abu Dhabi approximately one day per week. To deploy on a short term basis to another post in the region as part of a regional resilience response to a crisis or other emergency scenario. Travel to the UK will be required for training purposes.
• Take part in the Embassy emergency planning and any response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
||Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Apply Now –
Jobs in UAE
Jobs in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Jobs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
– Other Jobs in UAE –
Search All Jobs
Source Website: www.bayt.com
Source Link: Go to Source
IMPORTANT: READ THE DISCLAIMER: http://www.aaref.com/disclaimer