The post-holder will work closely with medical and nursing staff to ensure clients receive safe therapeutic treatment informed by best practice. The post-holder will be familiar with all aspects of a hospital pharmacy service including the purchase, manufacture and quality testing of all medicines used in a residential and out-patient addictions/psychiatric facility.
The post-holder will participate in delivering agreed projects (and programs) by contributing to the development of the environment of care encompassing naufar’s clinical service program areas which include:
2 residential rehabilitation
3 dual diagnosis
5 day care
6 home treatment
7 out-reach and
8 liaison consultation services
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the formulary, inventory system and procurement.
2. Check prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors and that they are appropriate and safe for the individual client.
3. Provide advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication, for example, tablet, injection, ointment or inhaler.
4. Prepare and quality-check sterile medications, for example, intravenous medications.
5. Ensure medicines are stored appropriately and securely.
6. Produce local guidelines for medication use and medication reconciliation.
7. Manage the safe disposal of waste medications and illicit substances.
8. Attend multidisciplinary case meetings, take client drug histories and participate in decision-making on appropriate treatments.
9. Discuss treatments with clients’ relatives, community pharmacists and GPs.
10. Promote a ‘recovery’ based approach to care.
11. Develop and evaluate service provision for clients.
12. Provide consultation to other professions, promoting an evidence-based person-centered approach in their work.
13. Participate in applied research, adding to the evidence base of practice in addictions and related areas.
14. Teach, undertake an agreed program of continuing professional development and attend conferences or seminars to increase the personal and collective understanding of mental, emotional and behavioural states or disorders.
15. Maintain appropriately detailed records to monitor the progress of clients’ treatments.
16. Contribute to strategies that align outcomes and goals with the leadership vision for the company.
17. Assist in the recruitment of staff, talent and skills for all clinical services in conjunction with Human Resources.
18. Contribute to a positive work and learning environment by promoting teamwork, co-operation and harmonious relationships amongst colleagues.
19. Assume any other responsibilities and functions as directed by the Consultant and CEO within the scope of the post.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To report for duty punctually whilst maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the organization’s grooming standards.
2. To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
3. To maintain good working relationships with your team members and all other departments.
4. To ensure that you read the organization’s Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
5. To comply with local legislation as required.
6. To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of your superior and/or organization.
7. To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and needs of the organization.
8. To attend to training and meetings as and when required.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Degree:||Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma|